SWEDISH SOUTH ASIAN STUDIES NETWORK
|Prof. Devdatt Dubhashi and Dr. K.V.S. Prasad|
Prof. Dubhashi and Dr. Prasad have
both strong Indian connections, with an extensive network of contacts
in major institutions, universities and industry research
centres in India. They are seeking funding to set up joint work
and research exchanges. They both participated in SASNET’s workshop
role of South Asia in the internationalisation of Higher Education
in Sweden” held at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm
November 2006 (full information about
the workshop). Dr. K.V.S. Prasad was one of the key speakers
in Session No. 4 on ”Best strategies for marketing Higher
Swedish Education in South Asia, and for sending students to Higher
Education in South Asia?”.
During Session No. 1 on ”Recruitment of South Asian students in hard sciences in Sweden”, Prof. Devdatt Dubhashi made a presentation about ”Chalmers experience with students from India”. Read Dr. Dubhashi’s presentation (as a pdf-file)
On April 18, 2008, Dr. Prasad participated in a meeting with Lars Eklund and Sidsel Hansson from SASNET. The meeting was held at Chalmers. More information.
In April 2007, the Division of Computing Science received SEK 800 000 as an Institutional Grant from STINT for ”long term collaboration” with the Kanwal Rekhi Institute for Information Technology (KRESIT) and the Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Mumbai. The persons in charge at Chalmers are Dr. Dubhashi and Dr. Prasad, while at IIT Mumbai it is Prof. Krithi Ramamritham, Vijay and Sita Vashee Chair Professor and Dean, Research and Technology.
KRESIT and CSE are two closely related units at IIT Mumbai, and are widely recognised as THE premier center for Computer Science research and education in India, with world class faculty and student bodies.
In addition, CSE has a network of premier Indian and international partners as follows:
• Yahoo! Research Barcelona and Univ. Pompeu Fabra, Spain. Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Director.
• ”La Sapienza”', Rome, Italy. Alessandro Panconesi, Leader intelligent internet research group.
• Data Mining and Web Search Group Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. Andras Benczur, Head.
• Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Professor Priti Shankar
• School of Technology and Computer Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. Professor Jaikumar Radhakrishnan
• Computer Science, Institute of Mathematical Science, Chennai. Professor Madhavan Mukund
• IIIT Hyderabad. Professor Rajeev Sangal
• Persistent Systems, Pune. Dr. Anand Deshpande, CEO
• GM Lab, Bangalore. Dr. S. Ramesh.
• NRCFOSS at Anna University-KBC, Chennai. C. N. Krishnan, Director
Three major research themes have been identified:
– Algorithms for Information Networks
– Secure and Dependable Computing
– Language Technology
SASNET - Swedish South Asian
Studies Network/Lund University
Address: Scheelevägen 15 D, SE-223 70 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46 46 222 73 40
Webmaster: Lars Eklund
Last updated 2008-08-13