SOUTH ASIAN STUDIES NETWORK
21 May 2010
• Anna Lindberg part of official Lund University delegation to Delhi
• Doctoral dissertation on former Danish trading colony Tranquebar
DUO-Sweden 2010 is for exchange projects, which will start from August 2010 and end before September 2011 to avoid duplication of implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Sweden in the ensuing years. The selection of DUO-Sweden 2010 is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2011 (January-August 2011) shall apply for DUO-Sweden 2010.
The duration of fellowship is limited to one semester (or 4 months, whichever comes earlier).
• Georgetown summer school on Justice and Peace in Pakistan
• Yearly courses focusing on Indian philosophy at Geijerskolan
• Globalizing South Asia theme for NASA conference in Helsinki
Extended deadline for ECO-TECH’10conference in Kalmar
Important lectures and seminars in Scandinavia
• Copenhagen seminar on The Transfer of Power and the Partition of India
• Increased Swedish diplomatic representation in Afghanistan
• Talented Bharata Natyam dancer on Scandinavia tour
Swedish departments where research on
South Asia is going on:
SASNET/Swedish South Asian Studies Network
SASNET is a national network for research, education, and information about South Asia based at Lund University. Its aim is to promote a dynamic networking process in which Swedish researchers co-operate with researchers in South Asia and globally.
Postal address: SASNET Swedish South Asian Studies Network,
Scheelevägen 15 D, SE-223 70 Lund, Sweden